Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relocated Measures in my Dataset

I have a report connected to a dataset.  In the report I have many visuals that refer to the Measure 'mdw CaseFact'[Total Recordable Incident Frequency].

In the dataset, I moved my measure "Total Recordable Incident Frequency" from the 'mdw CaseFact' table to a different table.  When I refresh the report that it is connected to the dataset it cannot find the Measure as it still expects it to be in the 'mdw CaseFact' table.  I would have expected that by refreshing the report, it would have updated the location of the measures in the model and that I would perhaps need to repoint the visuals to the new locations.  But it just seems unable to find the measure in the other table.

Any ideas for a quick fix?

sduffy_0-1619612190096.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution, but it's not great...

Using Tabular Editor I was able to delete the 'Total Recordable Incident Frequency' Measure in the Thin report.  Once you save the report you can then refresh the dataset.  All of the visuals that were pointing at the deleted measure are now obviously broke.  You then need to go through each individual measure and repoint it to the new location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution, but it's not great...

Using Tabular Editor I was able to delete the 'Total Recordable Incident Frequency' Measure in the Thin report.  Once you save the report you can then refresh the dataset.  All of the visuals that were pointing at the deleted measure are now obviously broke.  You then need to go through each individual measure and repoint it to the new location.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , based on what I got.

Open power query , right-click on the table, open advance editor. Check for column list n first few lines and carefully remove the column.

refer to my video on the same topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0yLtceT0i4

keep a backup of file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the prompt reply, it's much appreciated.

To clarify,  the report that is failing to find the measure is a Thin report, the model exists on the Power BI dataset.  There is no Query on the thin report to edit with Power Query.

Thanks, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.