Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yrstruly2021
Helper V
Helper V

Relevant Relationships, Data Modeling

@VijayP VijayPHow do i get a relationship between payments and invoice, and dates and dates and payments?

see file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBpFLkw37E5aeYSG9RXMLTzOXUCdcn4m/view?usp=sharing

and holidays and payments: https://twitter.com/DataMozart/status/1376164560055508992/photo/1

@Ashish_Mathur @selimovd @PhilipTreacy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Yrstruly2021
Helper V
Helper V

Can you do it please and send me the pbix file?

View solution in original post

Hi @Yrstruly2021 ,

I create the model shown in the figure below and get the following data. Does this match the output you want?

v-kkf-msft_0-1617074063943.pngv-kkf-msft_1-1617074096970.pngv-kkf-msft_2-1617074120634.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Yrstruly2021
Helper V
Helper V

I created relationships to my tables. It does not display when a try and create a visualisation with different measures in powerbi? see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBpFLkw37E5aeYSG9RXMLTzOXUCdcn4m/view?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n6oJToedcG0lfh06Xq2RO5j1l-3pUYeR/view?usp=sharing 

Hi @Yrstruly2021 ,

I create the model shown in the figure below and get the following data. Does this match the output you want?

v-kkf-msft_0-1617074063943.pngv-kkf-msft_1-1617074096970.pngv-kkf-msft_2-1617074120634.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. It is exactly what i wanted. Will be able to filter by dates any table etc?

Hi @Yrstruly2021 ,

The current date can filter all tables except the CoCodeLookup table. If you want to filter the CoCodeLookup table, you need to change the relationship between the CoCodeLookup table and the Invoice table to Both.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Yrstruly2021
Helper V
Helper V

Can you do it please and send me the pbix file?

@Yrstruly2021 

Issue is the data is incomplete, so I suggest you can reconstruct the Data 

e.g.,, I may not be knowing how to related Invoice and Payment Data!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Neither do i, its a dummy set data.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Yrstruly2021 

Issue is these tables are not containing a proper look up value (Primary Key) Establish connection.

Invoice and Payments are not talking to each other. we need to bring that and I suggest merging Invoice and Payment together to make that as a single table so that

Date table will be connected to the Fact Table

Then we need not have any relation with PHolidays and even we can create a virtual relationship using TREATAS

will you agree?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.