Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fitcja
Helper I
Helper I

Relatively Large Data Table Does Not Fully Refresh

I have a table that doesn't refresh properly and I need to know why and how to fix it.

The table that pulls task inforamation from Project Online, so it's relatively large compared to the other tables but nothing that should make Power BI sweat. However, just clicking refresh doesn't seem to always pull in the data. Often what I must do is go into Power Query and add or remove something from the code (e.g. add or remove a filter). When I do that, the updated table loads.

This "bug" also seems to exist after I export to the Power BI service. However, there the situation is more hit and miss.  Sometimes it updates. Sometimes it doesn't..

How do I troubleshoot this and get to the bottom of it?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@fitcja 

hm. maybe there is some cache on Project side which reset after query change?

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

I suspect it's a time-out issue where the query runs for a while, bails, and then leaves the previous results tied to some form of cache. The reason why is that if I change anything in the query (e.g. add a filter), the query will take longer to run but pull in the new data into the results 

Anyone else run into this? If so, what did you do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.