Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christianfcbmx
Post Patron
Post Patron

Relative date filtering doesnt show te right result

Hello, I want to use "Relative date filtering feature" and I cant make it work right: I want to show items when the value is in the last 4 months only but still show part of the fifth month (OCTOBER) WHY?...anybody could help me out? Thnaks in advance...

Captura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is, we just need to get a little clever 😉

First, find the table where your [Date] column is stored.  Create a new calculated column with the following DAX statement:

MonthGroup = DATE(
        YEAR([DATE]),
        MONTH([DATE]),
)

Use this new field for your relative date filtering, using the method you had in your original post.  Now you will have only from the start of November until the current date.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to make sure i understand what you are asking:

You have the relative date filter on and you have selected 'Past 4 months'.  In your example is currently the date range 27-Oct-17 until 26-Feb-18.

You have asked that you want it to show the data from the Part month October (dates 27th until 31st).  Looking at the graph that appears to be the case.

Can you please clarify how the graph differs from your expectation?

Hi Ross! thank you for the quick reply... that is exactly my problem,,,Dont know why it takes part of october automatically...as you said it takes from 27-Oct-17 until 26-Feb-18 and I havnet chose that rule....and no idea why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see in the screenshot, if you do a date math of Today's date minus 4 months, you get a date part way into October.

Instead you need to select "calendar months" in the dropdown, under where you typed 4.  You will notice this change to be from October 1st until January 31st.

But I dont have checked where it said include today.... well I tried that one but I lose what I have in feb... I expect to have the 1st October until feb 15th...is that posible?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is, we just need to get a little clever 😉

First, find the table where your [Date] column is stored.  Create a new calculated column with the following DAX statement:

MonthGroup = DATE(
        YEAR([DATE]),
        MONTH([DATE]),
)

Use this new field for your relative date filtering, using the method you had in your original post.  Now you will have only from the start of November until the current date.

Thank you Ross...I learn!!!Cat Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.