Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abloor
Helper IV
Helper IV

Relative date filtering UTC / revenue last month

Hi, my search has shown up that Relative Date filtering is based on UTC - for me this means the report doesn't tick over to the next day til 10am my time.

It looks like this hasn't been resolved by microsoft, but just wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas on a fix?

I'm trying to show the revenue we made for the last full month e.g. today being 1st October, I want to show the whole of September automatically, without having to choose the date in a slicer. I was using relative date filtering of last 1 calendar month, but as it doesn't tick over until 10am we have a few hours where the report will be wrong.

How would I do this as a measure? I have tried but can't get it to work.  I need to keep in mind that in January, I'd expect to see December show up.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @abloor 

You can try applying the date dimension described in the blog post below, to make it work with your timezone you would have to offset the time in the Query editor and possibly create a dimension ( using dataflows ) for each timezone that your business is located. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Relative-Date-Dimension/ba-p/779039

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Thanks very much @Mariusz I'll give it a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.