Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

invision
Frequent Visitor

Relative date YTD

Dear Community,

I have an issue with displaying the YTD with the use of a relative date filter.

For example, for my sales report i want to use a relative date filter to display the sales in this month and the sales YTD.

Now if i apply a relative date filter to always have the filter set to the current month i will get the value for the sales this month but i will get a blank value for my sales YTD.

Now i have tried some formulas from different sources on the forum but these will still leave me with the result this month in the YTD.

I am currently using the quick measure functionality for the YTD.

My question is, how do i get the YTD working in combination with a relative date filter?

8 REPLIES 8
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

have you tried any solutions explained here:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/time-intelligence-in-power-bi-desktop/

if so then probably your data model/current measures would have to be adjusted - can you share how it looks at the moment?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

@Stachu Thanks for your response.

When i just select a "regular" month through a slicer for example june i get the following:

2018-06-14_12-22-14.jpg

Which is correct, now when i stop using the regular month as a slicer but instead use a report level filter with a relative date set to "this month". I get the following:

2018-06-14_12-21-30.jpg

As you can see the YTD is now gone where the info that is for this month is still there.

See below for the relative date filter:

2018-06-14_12-21-56.jpg

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

I cannot replicate it, it works for me, for a very simple measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value]),DATESYTD('Table'[Date]))

what's the syntax for your YTD measure?

@Stachu thanks for the quick response.

Your suggested measure does work, however since the relative date filter sets the date filter from 1-6-2018/30-6-2018 the YTD will only pick up from that, see image:

2018-06-14_13-08-14.jpg

How do i get the 1,961k as YTD june?

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

if it ony picks up one month it means it doesn't work - it should pick up Jan-Jun, that's what DATESYTD is supposed to do
it could be that the DATESYTD should use different field for the reference - do you have a time table in your model?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-date-tables

@Stachu i have a date table that i'm using, i have made sure to use it for the suggested formula as well, see screenshots.

2018-06-14_14-47-51.jpg

2018-06-14_14-48-02.jpg

2018-06-14_14-48-32.jpg

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

are there any others time related filters that may affec this? I see something on Mesec - not blank, maybe there is more?

@Stachu oh i'm sorry i didn't specify this, i cleared all the filters except the one i showed you and even created a new page with nothing in it and then created a new visual KPI for the data, this is blank when i put the relative date on this month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.