Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Asma
Frequent Visitor

Relative Day DAX

Hello everyone, I need to create a column in a date table that show the relative day Number 

for exemple if the date of Today is 09/03/2017

If the day chosen is 09/03/2017 than Relative day Number = 0 

if the day chosen is 10/03/2017 than Relative day Number = 1

if the day chosen is 08/10/2017 than Relative day Number = -1

I already calculate the Relative Year Number = 'Dates'[Year]-YEAR(Now())

the Relative Month Number = 'Dates'[Month]-MONTH(Now()) + 12* 'Dates'[Relative Year Number]

and the Relative Quarter Number = 'Dates'[QuarterofYear]-MONTH(NOW()+2/3)+ 4* 'Dates'[Relative Year Number] and it's working.

Now I am trying to Calculate the Relative Day Number using the same methode  however - I can't figure out a way to count the number of days for each year and can't found a function that returns the number of Today of year ( a number from 1 to Number of days in the year)

Is there a way to create this in Power BI - using DAX (which I'm not familar with at all)

Any ideas, suggestions or points in the right direction - would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Asma
Frequent Visitor

@v-huizhn-msft Well I found the solution, here it is 🙂 

Relative Day Number = IF('Dates'[Date]> TODAY();(DATEDIFF(TODAY();'Dates'[Date]; DAY ));-1 *(DATEDIFF('Dates'[Date];TODAY(); DAY )))

Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Asma,

Please try create a calculated column using the formula.

Relative day Number=IF(Dates[Date]=NOW(),0,IF(Dates[Date]>NOW(),1,-1))

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please share your sample data for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft Hi Angelia, thank you for your help but unfortunately your solution didn't work for me for the sample reason that my data has many years, and I want the relative Day number to be counted for any day of any year... Not only for the previous and the next days.

for exemple if the date of Today is 09/03/2017 and the day chosen is 09/03/2016 than Relative day Number = -365 .... and so on....

here a part of my database DAY.PNG

Best Regards,

Asma

Asma
Frequent Visitor

@v-huizhn-msft Well I found the solution, here it is 🙂 

Relative Day Number = IF('Dates'[Date]> TODAY();(DATEDIFF(TODAY();'Dates'[Date]; DAY ));-1 *(DATEDIFF('Dates'[Date];TODAY(); DAY )))

Thank you for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.