Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SachinC
Helper V
Helper V

Relative Date

Hi,

I have a database field with a simple date i.e. 09/09/2011 11:13:13.

I want to create a DB column so that I can use it as a filter in my visual, i.e. a combo.

The filter combo will be defaulted to Last 120 days, but I want to toggle it to Last 30, Last 60, Last 90, Last 120 and finally >120 days.

How do I get this done(?)  I envisage a formula where I am looking at the date vs CurrentDate() and put a label on it, i.e. Last 30 days. But I am lost!  Need help!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AntoineTRICHET
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @SachinC 

You can manually enter a table in Power BI with only one column as shown below, containing all the options you want.

AntoineTRICHET_0-1631178159625.png

Then you put this field in your slicer (no need to connect this new table to your data model).
And finally add a test in all the formula you are using in your visual :
YourNewMeasure =
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])="last 30",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]>=DATEADD(TODAY(),-30,day)),
IF(..................),
IFSELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])="last 120",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]>=DATEADD(TODAY(),-120,day)),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])=">120",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]<DATEADD(TODAY(),-120,day)))))

Please accept it as solution if it solved your issue

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AntoineTRICHET
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @SachinC 

You can manually enter a table in Power BI with only one column as shown below, containing all the options you want.

AntoineTRICHET_0-1631178159625.png

Then you put this field in your slicer (no need to connect this new table to your data model).
And finally add a test in all the formula you are using in your visual :
YourNewMeasure =
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])="last 30",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]>=DATEADD(TODAY(),-30,day)),
IF(..................),
IFSELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])="last 120",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]>=DATEADD(TODAY(),-120,day)),
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[TableForDatePeriod])=">120",CALCULATE(YourMeasure,FILTER(YourTable, YourTable[Date]<DATEADD(TODAY(),-120,day)))))

Please accept it as solution if it solved your issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.