Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relative Date filtering "this month" EXCLUDE today

This question is the exact sam problem i am having, there was no way to bump this question up so I am just reposting it here so it can get some hits.. appologies if this goes against community guidlines. 

Relative Date filtering "this month" EXCLUDE today

I have a graph showing sales this year and sales last year. I want this to show results for 'this month' which I am able to do using Relative date filtering.

However, on the 1st of the month I still want to show last months results as the data is always 1 day behind.

When you choose relative date filtering "in the last" there is a tick box to exclude or 'Include today'. This tick box would solve my problem but it disapears when you chose 'is in this'. 

Is there another way around this? I am aware of the 'Anchor date' option for Date.value slicers but it is not dynamic and ideally i dont want the user to have to use a slicer.

2 REPLIES 2
Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @Anonymous 

If you could send sample .pbix that demonstrate what you are looking to get. It would really help providing you a quick solution.

You can send the sample .pbix file by adding it to your drive or dropbox and add the link here. 

Regards
Kumail Raza

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, there is a way to solve it, you can create a measure and put it in the filter pane to achieve the same effect. Can you share some sample data? So we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Janey guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.