Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fletch8527

Relative Date X Days Before

I'm very new to Power BI, so please be kind. I searched the board first but didnt find a similar post. Im playing around with a very basic report that gets data from our Active Directory. One column is a date the other is the user's display name. Is there a way to use the Relative Date filter/slicer to show only records that are older than X number of days from today? I can get a list of records from the last X days, but I am more concerned with records that older than lets say 30 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm guessing that you have Date column in Datetime format. In "M", it is important to match data type for both left and right of the operator.

Then change it to...

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [Date] < Date.AddDays(DateTime.LocalNow(),-30))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'd do this in query editor.

Once data is brought in, apply 'date is before' filter using any date.

Then in advanced query editor, find the Filtered row step just applied.

It will look like...

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [Date] < #date(2018, 10, 1))

Now replace #date() part with dynamic calculation.

Something like....

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [Date] < Date.AddDays(DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),-30))

Edit: You can parameterize -30 part if desired.

I tried your suggestion and got this error

Expression.Error: We cannot apply operator < to types Date and DateTime.

I'm guessing that you have Date column in Datetime format. In "M", it is important to match data type for both left and right of the operator.

Then change it to...

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [Date] < Date.AddDays(DateTime.LocalNow(),-30))

Awesome, Thanks! I was just reading about that and noticed I had a DateTime field. Thanks for the fast replies. Still trying to get my head wrapped around this stuff. So much more involved that a tabel in Excel 😉

petrovnikitamai
Resolver V
Resolver V

new column = IF(DATEDIFF(AD[date];TODAY();DAY)>30;AD[user];BLANK())

try to add new column.

if u want dinamicaly value instead 30 try to use what/if parametr

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.