Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Relative Date Slicer - Buggy???

I notice in my .pbix file that the relative date slicer is working properly.  However, once published and working in the report, when you use the "dropdown" and mouse to select/change the units the screen "blinks" but a measure will not change.  Conversely, when you "tab" into that field and use the "arrow keys" to select/change a measue - the report is responsive.

This is consistent across numerous reports and workspaces, and multiple browsers.

Anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @irnm8dn

This issue has been fixed, and it works well.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @irnm8dn

This issue has been fixed, and it works well.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @irnm8dn

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@irnm8dn

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue and have posted a workaround for the same.

Customers using relative date slicers will have problems when trying to change the time period value (e.g. weeks, months) using their mouse. As a workaround, users can use the keyboard to select the desired time period and press enter. Engineers have developed a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 9/23. Next update @ 9/21/18 at 6:00pm PDT

Hope this helps someone

Best Regards,

Lin

eisenhower
Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue across the organization. At first I thought it was a one-off buggy slicer viz, but I am not able to select a Date part such as Last, This, Next or Months, Years, etc. The dropdown appears and I click the value, but the slicer does not update. I am able to change the numeric value e.g. from 3 years to 2, but that's it.

I also confirmed I am able to tab into the other drop downs and select values while having the slicer update. This is a good temp workaround.

I am having this issue in both Chrome and Firefox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.