Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bruppert
Frequent Visitor

Relative Date Filtering

Hello,

I have a table that I want to be filtered on a field called "Start Date".  I want this to be a report level filter, and the options under relative date filtering are limited. What I want is a custom range, "Start Date" should be filtered to the current day - 3 and current day + 30. Best way to go about this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Create 2 additional filters.  One in which you select the "Days you want to go back by" and another in which "Days you want want to move forward by".  In the first slicer, select 3 and in the next, select 30.  So in all there will be ateast 3 slicers - one is your where you select the start date and two others that i have mentioned.  Write these measure:

Chosen go back by = MIN(Table1[Go back by])

Chosen move forward by = MIN(Table2[Move forward by])

Measure1 = CALCULATE([your measure],DATESBETWEEN(Calendar[Date],MIN(Calendar[Date])-[Chosen go back by],MIN(Calendar[Date])+[Chosen move forward by]))

I have assumed that you have a Calendar Table and an active relationship from the Date column of your Data Table to the Date column of your Calendar Table.  The Start date slicer should be build from the Date column of the Calendar Table.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @bruppert ,

When you refer that you want to have current day -3 and current day + 30 is from today or from selected date of the user?

Do you use a calendar tble?

If this is taking into account today date one option would be to add a column that would do something like this:

Date Filter = IF(Table[Date] >= TODAY() -3 && Table[Date]<= TODAY + 30 ; 1; 0)

Then place this on your report filter and select all values that are equal to 1.

If this is based on a user selection then you probably will need to make the filter on each of the measures you use.

Can you share some more information and some mockup data as expected result?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.