Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relative Date Filtering Issue

Hi support,

I created some data in power bi desktop, the date is from 21/09/2019 to 30/09/2019. I created a table and set the date filter to last 3 days, the table should show data on 30/09 & 29/09 & 28/09 since the max date is 30/09, why it shows a blank? I checked the date filter, why the date span is from 26/10 - 28/10 instead of 28/09 - 30/09?

1.png2.png

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Support,

Any feedback on this issue?

Thanks,

Lei

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may misunderstand the meaning of "in the last", in the last 3 days means the last three days from today, not from the max date in your column. 

If you need to filter the last 3 days from the max date in column, you may use Top 3 latest date as below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any feedback?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As you mentioned before,  the 'Last 3 days' means last 3 days from 'today', is the date slicer only  used for data that growing or refreshing every day, if the data stops growing, the reports or dashboards  with the relative date slicers  will be blank after some days? 

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks,

Lei

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Also if I change the date to datetime(same date with different time) how can I set the TOP N slicer to filter last 3 days data?  I think Top 3 will not work  in this case.

Thanks,

Lei

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your explanation! I already applied a Top N filter in the table, and can't add another one in the same visual, if there is another solution to offset the starting point based on the maxmum date?

As for the relative date filter, the maximum date in my data source is 30/09/2019, why there are some dates that not exist in my table are showing when change the slicer style to 'Relative', do you think it's a bug?

Thanks

Lei

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.