Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeroenvb1
Frequent Visitor

Relationships

Hi all,

I am trying to load sales and budget data into PowerBI from Dynamics NAV. For this, i have created three queries, customers, customer ledger entries, article budget entries and one Alldates excel list. Eventually i want to graphically represent for each customers the sales and budget per month.

So far, so good ive loaded them into PowerBI. The next thing i try to do is create relationships between these four datasets. It works perfectly fine in powerpivot, as you can see below, but when i try the exact same thing in powerBI, it does not work. I cannot make a 'closing' set of relationships. Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you in advance,

Jeroen

Relationships.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try playing around a bit with the Cross Filter Direction on each relationship, setting them to Single, as opposed to Both, in this situation might work.  That might allow you to define the relationships without making any of them inactive.  Of course once you get them defined be sure to check the interactivity on the visuals you have to ensure they are reacting as necessary for your usage scenario.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.