cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Relationships not working

Hello, I am attaching a bunch of screenshots to help see my issue. I am trying to get away from editing in excel and run everything through Power BI. I am having an issue where Power BI isn't recognizing  my relationship and the classifications associated with it. I'm not sure what is the problem. The only thing I can think of is that I do not have every unique value in my lookup table under cost element. Would that cause it to not return anything. I created the table manually and there are a lot of different unique values.

Final ExamplePBI.PNGExampleclip34.PNG02PowwerBIReal.PNG02PowerBIRelationship Issue.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Relationships not working

Hi @masf,

What is your desied result? If you want the data in [Adaptive Files PJF] to filter the data in [AccountTable] or [DateKey], you need to change the crosssfilter direction from single to both. You could refer below link about the function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships#cross-filter-direc...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
masf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

There are 3 Different account name types: Deferred, Capital, & O&M(Operations and Maintenance). I want to be able to apply page level filters using these 3 parameters. Each cost element has a single Account name associated with it. I am not sure why it is not recognizing. I have played with all settings with no success.

Michael

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @masf ,

Could you please offer your pbix file to have a test due to it is hard to reproduce your problem? You could upload your file in OneDrive and send the link here.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.