Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shannondean84

Relationships between Orders/Invoices

Hello all!

I've been pulling data from Unleashed, an inventory/sale management system, to report on our data.

The data model is broken up into a heap of different fields such as:

Sales Order, Sales Person, Sales Invoice, Product, etc.

I've built out relationships between all of them based off the Sales Order (as it's the core) but I'm having issues slicing the data as when I'm trying to report on the INVOICED sales (completed sales orders) it defaults to registering the invoice against the month the sales order was created, not when the invoice was created (at the close of sale). We could have months between an order being created and an invoice being sent out due to lead times on our product.

I've got the Sales order linked to a date table and something in there is where the problem is. I can't link the invoices to the date table as it would create ambiguity between the invoice and order fields.

Anyone got any idea here? I'm sure there's an easier way to solve this that i'm missing.

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shannondean84 , Here

1. sales order will act as a dimension

2.  One additional copy of sales order will act as fact

3. if join between Sales order is 1-M, then a  merged table of Sales order and Invoice will act as fact

so 2 fact and 1 dimension are need from these two tables

Then you have to use common dimensions and active/active joins as per need

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.