Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexhauge
Advocate I
Advocate I

Relationships Disappearing from .pbix File

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue where Power BI Desktop seems to be losing relationships after they have been created.  I have a .pbix file that is connected to a SQL server via DirectQuery.  This .pbix file was able to connect to the SQL tables without issue and initially functioned with all relationships.  Two new tables and their relationships were added to the .pbix file and then we checked the .pbix file into VSTS.  After checking the file out and making some minor changes (created some new measures and calculated columns) I noticed that many of my relationships were now missing, causing issues with the validity of my data.  At no time were relationships modified using the "Manage Relationships" tool in Power BI Desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@alexhauge,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Do you get same issues for those PBIX files that are not checked into VSTS?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia,

I am using Power BI Version: 2.53.4954.621 64-bit (December 2017).  And no.  I have only experienced this with files that have been checked in/checked out of VSTS.

Thanks,

Alex

@alexhauge,

Could you please upgrade Power BI Desktop to the latest version(2.54.4970.761) and check if the issue still occurs?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.