Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AcsinteClaudiu
Frequent Visitor

Relationship wrong direction

Hello Everyone!

I have a problem and any kind of help will be much appreciated!

I have 3 databases and I can’t set the right direction for their relationship.

For more details, you can download a dummy PBI from here: https://we.tl/t-8Xqae04ASc 

So, I have a “Locations” database with many USA locations, some of them in the same County. I need to link those locations with some COVID-19 Data (“US County Risk Level” database). The problem is that the relationship is many-to-many, and that does not allow me to create some calculations and bring them to the Locations database in a, let's say, "healthy" way. The thing is that I need a one-to-many/many-to-one relationship between them.

So I created another database with all the Counties (“Counties List”) and link them between both tables so I can have the right relationship.

The problem is that the direction between the “US County Risk Level” and the “Counties List” databases is from “Counties List” to “US County Risk Level” and I need it to be vice versa. I tried to change the order in the “Edit Relationship” form but with no success.

Can you please help me? I need to change this relationship directions in such a way that can allow me to bring data from  “US County Risk Level” to “Locations”

AcsinteClaudiu_0-1626877398980.png

Many thanks in advance for any kind of advice!

2 REPLIES 2
AcsinteClaudiu
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-henryk-mstf ,

Thanks for your answer.

I already read the documentation part and I still don't understand why my databases are not connecting in the way I want them to do that.

For example, looking at the "Locations" and "US County Risk Level", both databases have kind of the same structure.  Although that, I can't change the relationship direction.

AcsinteClaudiu_0-1627377012011.png

I may be wrong and maybe there is something I don't understand/see at this point.

But I can't just figure what.

Any other suggestions? 

Many thanks for your time! I really appreciate this!

Best Regards,

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AcsinteClaudiu ,

According to your needs, you can refer to the following documents on how to establish the correct table relationship and try it in combination with the data model.

link:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Model relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.