Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

twister8889
Helper V
Helper V

Relationship two Facts ( crossfilter ) and RLS

Hi guys, 

I'm trying to understand the relationship of Power bi, I created an app that has two facts, with some dimensions. 

I simply put the dimensions together for the facts, but when I created my measures, I used the crossfilter for all dimensions, because I need to show in the same table data from PB L(fact1) and PB O(fact2), that is correct?

Real = CALCULATE(
SUM('PB L'[R Values]),
CROSSFILTER('PB L'[CC], CCC[D CC],Both),
CROSSFILTER('PB L'[CCA R], CCA[D CA] ,Both),
CROSSFILTER('PB L'[Data R], Data[Data ],Both)
)

I don't know why the relationship BOTH in Model View tables, is not recommended, but inside the measure, it's recommended.
Can you please give some help/feedback to improve the relationship?
I have an error when I selected one user in my RLS table that not has data on facts ( G 7 doesn't have information in facts PB L, is not a 188 to Real values ). I have an alternative to this RLS table (Login)?
I need to show the Name from Login table in my report after that the RLS.

RLS crossfilter.png

My pbix and data source is here:

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is CCC your RLS table?  Or are the rules applied elsewhere?

[Login] cannot be used as an RLS table as it sits on the Many side of a relationship, and has a search filter pointing its way - that means none of its rules will ever impact anything.

First of all, thank you for your answer..

The CCC table is my dimension, which contains CC, this field has a relationship with Login. My login table has a username and which CC (department) this user has access. 

The rules are applied in the CCC table. RLS CODE.png

I would like to understand if, my measures its correct, with a lot of cross filter and how to solve the RLS

Thank you

Hi, someone can help me, with this scenario?

Thank you

@Greg_Deckler 
@amitchandak 
@ImkeF 
@Fowmy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.