Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship tables and Dax question

Hi, 

So i've been trying to figure out my penetration calculation however its not been working. 

I've now realised that the two tables i am using do not have a direct link. but there is a joining table between the two which has helped to a certain extent.

One of my tables links to the date table but the other doesnt, when using the two in a dax measure the table which doesnt link to the date does not update when the date filter is being used. 

Is that bevcause the link to the date table via the other tabe is not sufficient enough?

below is what my model looks like 

main tables are cirlcled and rsm&dealeer table is the link between the two as it links dealers on both ends

Maleehah_0-1630931354534.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

We assume that your two main tables are table 1 and table 2 .You create a direct link between Date table and table 1 . You can filter data in table 1 through the date table .You create a joining table between the two main tables and want filter data in table 1 and table 2 at the same time by the date table .

Then the problem is coming , can you filter table 2 by table 1 ? If you select certain values of table1, will table2 also be filtered ? So you need to check the filtering direction of the connection table to ensure that table1 can filter table2 through the connection table .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.