Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrscaletta
Helper II
Helper II

Relationship problem

Hi all!

I've a problem with relationship direction:

Table1: Projects (Filter)

Table 2: ProjectTasks (Primarykey)

Table 3: Actuals - time dedicated by task (Foreign key)

The problem is that are some lines on Actuals that doesn't have ProjectTask associate, but yes Project. Then, when I show "msdyn_quantity" from data, it shows the total time, not by task. That's is OK.

Then, I created a new Measure (himputadas), but it doesn't show the lines from actuals that not have ProjectTask associate. The time difference is my problem.

My relations:rela1.PNG

My data:

196,82 is correct, but himputaciones need to show 196,82 too, with a line with msdyn_subject in blank for the difference on actuals that don't have projecttask associate.

data.PNG

My measure: 

hImputadas = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]);USERELATIONSHIP(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_task_value];msdyn_projecttasks[msdyn_projecttaskid]))

I tried too with CROSSFILTER and changing relations direction.

I attach PBIX file: PBIX FILE

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jrscaletta update relationship and measure as below

hImputadas = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]),
USERELATIONSHIP(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value], msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid]),
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value], msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid], Both ))

image.png

here is the output

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jrscaletta
Helper II
Helper II

Hi All!!

Table1: Projects (Filter)

Table 2: ProjectTasks (Primarykey)

Table 3: Actuals - time dedicated by task (Foreign key)

The problem is that are some lines on Actuals that doesn't have ProjectTask associate, but yes Project. Then, when I show "msdyn_quantity" from data, it shows the total time, not by task. That's is OK.

Then, I created a new Measure (himputadas), but it doesn't show the lines from actuals that not have ProjectTask associate. The time difference is my problem.

My relations:rela1.PNG

My data:

196,82 is correct, but himputaciones need to show 196,82 too, with a line with msdyn_subject in blank.

data.PNG

My measure: 

hImputadas = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]);USERELATIONSHIP(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_task_value];msdyn_projecttasks[msdyn_projecttaskid]))

I tried too with CROSSFILTER and changing relations direction.

I attach PBIX file: PBIX FILE

Thanks in advance!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jrscaletta update relationship and measure as below

hImputadas = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]),
USERELATIONSHIP(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value], msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid]),
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value], msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid], Both ))

image.png

here is the output

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k, thanks for your help! It works!

But now, I've seen is not showing any line for the "msdyn_subject" that has "hImputadas" in blank. I need to show them too.

It works if I change the direction of the relationship (msdyn_projecttask - msdyn_actuals) from BOTH to ONE WAY, but it brokes other information. I tried to create a new measure like:

hImputadasDetallTarea = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]);
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_projecttasks[msdyn_projecttaskid];msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_task_value];OneWay))

But it doesn't work equals that when I changed the relationship direction on the model.

Do you know how can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

I tried too using this measure:

CROSSFILTER(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_task_value];msdyn_projecttasks[msdyn_projecttaskid];Both);
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_projecttasks[_msdyn_project_value];msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid];Both))

But I think it's necessary use "USERELATIONSHIP" too.

With this measure not work:

- Not appear msdyn_projecttasks info that no has msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity] data.

- Not appear msdyn_actuals info that no has msdyn_projecttasks data.

My schema:

schema.PNG

With this measure:

CROSSFILTER(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_task_value];msdyn_projecttasks[msdyn_projecttaskid];Both);
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_projecttasks[_msdyn_project_value];msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid];Both))

With this measure not work:

- Not appear msdyn_projecttasks info that no has msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity] data.

- Not appear himputadasDetallTarea info that no has msdyn_projecttasks data.

Photo:

schema2.PNG

If I use this measure:

hImputadas = CALCULATE(SUM(msdyn_actuals[msdyn_quantity]);
USERELATIONSHIP(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value]; msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid]);
CROSSFILTER(msdyn_actuals[_msdyn_project_value]; msdyn_projects[msdyn_projectid]; Both ))

It shows:

- msdyn_actuals[quantity] that no have msdyn_projecttasks data: CORRECT.

But no shows:

How can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.