Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Relationship option between tables + Calc with columns

Hello everyone, I am filling some doubts and if they help me I would be VERY grateful ...

Next, today I have a sales chart, which contain customer codes, sellers ...

Today, I do not use the relationship option between tables, so the names of customers and sellers are in the sales chart. Which, in my opinion, is wrong because it is duplication of information.

My case is this: If I create the tables and bind them, while filtering the customer data, it will only display the sales of the clients that I've filtered, correct?

Until then, okay.

Now, in a calculation case, I need to make an average sales ticket by doing:

Total sales (Sales table column) / Number of customers in the sellers' portfolio (Sellers table column)

Is there any way I can do a calculation working with multiple tables? In this case I would take the value of sales from the sales table and the quantity of customers by another table.

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @brunozanoelo,

First of all DAX is a very powerful language and you will be able to create measures that will return the metrics you are expecting.

Most DAX can be very simple, but when required, you can develop some quite sophisticated measures.

If you'd like some help, then please post a sample of your data including what you expect to see for your measures and we will do our best to help.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.