Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Turf03
Helper II
Helper II

Relationship not linking data correctly

Hey all!

Im trying to create a matrix showing employee performance and the organization they work for. The employee performance table just has the employee name, sales performance and date. The organization table has just the employee name and their organization. When I create the matrix summarizing their data, the employee is showing data for each organization even if they aren't in it. There is a Many to One relationship on the employee name in each table.

Is there any suggestions on how to link the two tables correctly and only show data for the employee for the segment they actually belong to? Im assuming there is something relating to the date data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Turf03 solution attached

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Turf03 solution attached

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k thank you for the example. I actually figured out the solution. I used the names off the Department table instead of off the performance tables and it worked as expected. 

Turf03
Helper II
Helper II

Below is an example of each table and Matrix results.

The one to many relationship is linked by Employee field

Employee Sales table

DateEmployeeSales
01/01/2021Smith, John100
01/02/2021Doe, Jane50

Employee Department Table

EmployeeDepartment
Smith, JohnElectronics
Doe, JaneAthletics

Matrix results (which are incorrect)

MonthEmployeeDepartmentSales
JanuarySmith, JohnElectronics100
JanuarySmith, John Athletics100
JanuaryDoe, JaneElectronics50
JanuaryDoe, JaneAthletics50
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Turf03 I assume the organization table is on one side of the relationship? Correct?  Can you post some sample data. From which tables you are using columns in the matrix visual? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.