Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship not Working when applying view as role function

Hello,

I have encountered this issue. I've pasted values everything but still doesn't work. Could anyone extend their help please. Thanks

Power BI issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amy,

I figured the problem. It's the spacing with the names. Thank you for your help and the advise. It's just that it's not the solution. Hope you won't stop helping me with other problems.

Thank you

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please make sure the correct name of the Server and Database for the visuals. Did you changed the Database name? If yes, you can change your current query source to your correct name.

4.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xicai ,

I don't know where to check coz it's not SQL server I am using it's just an excel and imported from my drive D. Please see screenshot.

Query View.jpg

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are some points you can considerate.

1.According to your error message, it refer to your data source have been changed, maybe changed the data source name or path to get data. So please check the path or name whether it is the same with your actual data source. Specially check the data source showing in your first screenshot .

1.png

2.Please check you have permission to access to the Data model.

Or this maybe a permission/authentication error. When you ever connect to data source in an unauthorized account, the corresponding credential would be created. You can change credential as steps below. Here take Dynamic 365 as an example.

a.In Power BI Desktop, click Data source settings.

2.png

b.Click Edit Permission ,or you can connect to blob storage again after click Clear Permission.

3.png

3.Upgrade PBI Desktop to the latest version 2.68.5432.841, and try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xicai ,

Good morning!

My apology of not replying immediately. Anyway, I really appreciate your time and effort of sharing your ideas on how to solve my issue. But you know when I try to follow your step choosing the global permission, it says but it's working on my other geography with the same result in global permissionPBI Updates.jpg

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did the point1 and point3 make sense?

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xicai ,

Yeah, I understand but still does not work on my end. I really don't know. Actually it's working for the other Geo's, Only this one Geo where I had this issue. They were created the same way. Maybe it would help if I'll share to you the files?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards
Amy Cai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Amy,

I figured the problem. It's the spacing with the names. Thank you for your help and the advise. It's just that it's not the solution. Hope you won't stop helping me with other problems.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

So the key problem is the incorrect name of data source, right? Glad to hear the issue is resolved,  you can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from your solution, thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-xicai ,

Yes, been chasing for so many weeks. I'ts the format of the names . I am so blessed to have you guys that is always lending their expertise.

I really appreciate your help.

Please don't stop to help us always.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

a.This pbix is working fine for other users, right? How about logging in Power BI Desktop of other user's computer while use your own login account?

b.What would happen when you click "Close" button in your first error message page? How about restart the Power BI Desktop?

c.Did you create RLS ?when try to view as one role ,this error happened? Based on my test , it worked fine. You can check the RLS if the RLS value is exist in your data table.

d.Please check the path or name of your current data source whether it is the same with your actual data source.

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors