Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship issue

Hello Experts

I have a relationship modeling issue. The model is below

model.JPG

I can't understand why the relationship is working for some things but not others. It is working correctly on this dashboard

dboard.JPG

It is splitting the bins, bins counted and overall costs accross the 3 warehouses, but I cannot get it to work when splitting individual costs by items- see below

cost.JPG

I've tried swapping and changing relationsip directions but nothing is working. I should be seeing individual costs of items that have been adjusted  by each warehouse not the overall cost of adjustments within that particular warehouse.

Here is the link to the file, hoping it helps someone figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Kind regards

Bailey14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may be caused by the relationship between your tables. Change the direction of the two tables connected by Location to "Both cross filter direction".

Capture.PNG

Can correctly return results without error:

Capture.PNG

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may be caused by the relationship between your tables. Change the direction of the two tables connected by Location to "Both cross filter direction".

Capture.PNG

Can correctly return results without error:

Capture.PNG

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Henry

Thank you, it's fixed. Appreciate your time.

Kind Regards

Bailey14

Hi @Anonymous ,

Very honored to be able to help you.

Best Regards,

Henry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your top table is linked to 2 other tables. It gives you no error messages but it isn't possible. You create an ambiguous model. Try linking it another way. from costs to expenses instead of making a stop in between

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors