Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshweky
Helper III
Helper III

Relationship issue

Hi Everyone - I've been on trial and error for 3 days & I cannot fix this! Here's the situation:

I have 2 divisions in my company and I am trying to track sales, inventory, on order, in production & chargebacks from the customer. I created a table called 'year' that would connect to all the tables to filter out a specific year.

SEE TABLE STRUCTURE & VISUALIZATION BELOW. 

The problem is that when I filter out by division or specific customer, the fields from the 'Chargebacks' table go BLANK and I kow they are not blank. There is definitely a relationship issue but I cannot figure it out.  Please help!!!!!

If you want to talk by phone let me know. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tables.JPG

visual.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kieran
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I may be able to help, but I can't read the text in your model. Can you resend so I can read it please and I will try and help you.

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kieran
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I may be able to help, but I can't read the text in your model. Can you resend so I can read it please and I will try and help you.

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

I think I figured it out. Thanks!

So what was the issue, and how did you solve it?

I was creating 2 way relationships with everything which I didn't understand. When I switched to single, everything started working
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Quick tip: Put your lookup tables at the top, your bridge tables in the middle, and the fact tables at the bottom. This will help you visualize how filters flow downhill and allow you a better view to organize your relationships. I also make my lookup tables (or bridge tables) smaller so that I know at a glance which type of table it is. I only offer this advice because that is a massive model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.