Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship issue between 2 tables (date columns)

Hi,

I am trying to plot open incidents + close incidents + backlog on a same graph.

I have 4 tables:

- all incidents

- open incidents

- closed incidents

- date

I created relationships between them as following:

table relation.PNG

Relationships INCT open/Date and INCT close/Date are working but INCT all/Date is not. (Active relationship is Opened Date/Date and non-active is Closed/Date.)

As a result, Customer and Assignment Group slicers (on the left of the image below) are blank, while I am trying to display the customer column and assignment group column of INCT all.

dashboard issue.PNG

Every date type is "date" and "dd/MM/yyyy".

Have you got an idea?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

the relationships propagate from Date to INCT tables, but not the other way round. So e.g. INCT ALL will not propagate any filters to INCT OPEN

You would need to do one of the 2:
1) new tables listing unique customers with joins to the 3 fact tables, same for the Assignment Groups

2) append all 3 tables into 1, with additional column specifying original table name, the model is just 2 tables - Date and Union, as Customer and Assignment groups are in the same table they will act like one

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

the relationships propagate from Date to INCT tables, but not the other way round. So e.g. INCT ALL will not propagate any filters to INCT OPEN

You would need to do one of the 2:
1) new tables listing unique customers with joins to the 3 fact tables, same for the Assignment Groups

2) append all 3 tables into 1, with additional column specifying original table name, the model is just 2 tables - Date and Union, as Customer and Assignment groups are in the same table they will act like one

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found were the problem came from, I had a time slicer and if I do not enter the start date as the minimal slicer date, I will have no data...

I do not know why now.

slicer no data.PNG

slicer data.PNG

The problem is not solved, because I can see that when I put on a table indicator 'INCT all'[Opened date] and 'Date'[Date] columns:

Date column is empty for filled-in opened dateDate column is empty for filled-in opened date

EDIT: I solved the problem by changing the column format (with Excel) in the csv I used before import it again in Power BI. Now 'Date'[Date] is well linked to 'INCT all'[Opened date].

By the way, is it recommended to set date table as "table date" (from the ribbon) ? Because it will erase the date hierarchy.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.