Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matt22365
Resolver III
Resolver III

Relationship building error

Hi

I hope someone can help

I currently have a mixture of relationships between MS project tables which I have been using for a while now, however I am getting an error when I attempt a new relationship.

These are my current relationships

BI relationships.png

I now need to create a link between the task table and timeset table, however when I try I get the following error

BI relationship error.png

Is it possible to keep my current links but also create a new relationship?

Thanks for your help

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me

That solution has worked, thank you. I also found another way to enable the task and timeset tables to relate. If you convert the directional arrows from single to both my issue sorted itself

Thanks

Matt

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You just need to make the new relationship inactive. If it's not letting you make it at all, temporarily make the existing relationship that's causing the problem inactive, then switch the active relationships around once the new one is in place

Since there are two relations pointing to TimeSet, that would have a conflict between them. Just need to mark one inactive. Will work the same for you, but with solve the problem.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me

That solution has worked, thank you. I also found another way to enable the task and timeset tables to relate. If you convert the directional arrows from single to both my issue sorted itself

Thanks

Matt

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

That has worked, however I found a different solution which also worked, I changed the filter direction from single to both which seemed to allow the task table to interact with the tmeset table.

Thanks

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.