Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amiriqbal0711
Frequent Visitor

Relationship between transposed table and original table

I have a table with column status with the compliance and completion % of the work for 10 diff department and the other columns are the months' column.

I have transposed the table(to get the status of diff dept as a column), now IPower BI.png am trying to create the relationship between the two tables(transposed and original) but I am not able to do so. 

Can you please help me or suggest a better alternative. 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
amiriqbal0711
Frequent Visitor

Please find the original and the transposed table 

Below are my expectation of the report ,

1. The Column DMS represent departments (IE, FPQ, MPSP ,etc) and the column Measure has 4 rows of value in % for each department.

2. I want to show the bar graph representation of the Completion and Compliance which is under the column Measure

3. I assumed using the transpose method would help me to create a report.

Any other approach would be also helpful

Please find both the tables Original Table.pngTransposed Table.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

From your transposed table you may take the month on axis, MPSP_Completion and MPSP_Compliance in value. This will give you monthly variation of these measures.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may get clearer if you can present snapshot of the orginal tables and the final table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.