Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gregwoolley2387
Regular Visitor

Relationship between tables

Hello 

I have 3 tables of data that I'm looking to refer to. All of which have column for 'Year' and 'Scheme Name', amongst other data points.

I would like to be able to apply a slicer for 'Year' and 'Scheme Name' in my report, but I'm finding that I when I select a Year slicer, it only cuts the data which has come from the table where that particualr Year column was selected.

My understanding is I need to create a relationship between the tables but I'm not sure how to do this correctly. I've been presented with the 'unique values...' error message when attemtping to do so.

The file can be viewed here: 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDVmMjg0MzMtMDU2OS00N2UxLThmYjQtOTI1MTQwZWQ4MjJhIiwidCI6IjdkN...

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks, Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gregwoolley2387,

I am unable to see the file you shared. In your scenario, if you get error message "You can’t create a relationship between these two columns because one of the columns must have unique values" when creating relationship, please review this blog to solve this issue.

If you still don't get expected result, please share sample data of your tables for us to analyze.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Gregwoolley2387,

I am unable to see the file you shared. In your scenario, if you get error message "You can’t create a relationship between these two columns because one of the columns must have unique values" when creating relationship, please review this blog to solve this issue.

If you still don't get expected result, please share sample data of your tables for us to analyze.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Lydia. The blog was helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.