Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IonitaA
Frequent Visitor

Relationship between multiple sources

Hello to all,

I am having currently an issue linking in a correct way the information marked with red.

Basically, i would need to link the following:

1)production date from BI_Daily_confirmed with data_producerii from Scrap counter

2)Prod_FAM_GRP with Prod_FAM

3)Total QTY with Cantitate

so on.

IonitaA_0-1621598570855.png

The ideea is to get the amount of produced parts from BI_Daily_confirmed and the amount of scrap from Scrap counter. However i would like to sync the production date so i would get the following result, (theoretical example):

=>project A, part number, amount of parts produced in one day(+ shift), amount of scrap parts in the same day (+ shift), or any other details.

Currently i  have the following result:

IonitaA_1-1621599715930.png

@amitchandak 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @IonitaA 

In your screenshot, I see that there is a many-to-many relationship between the two tables. This should be the cause of the problem. If you can create a bridge table based on the corresponding fields, and then make a one-to-many connection, it may be improved. Otherwise, you need to manually obtain the corresponding data by creating measures.

If you can understand what I say, and still need help, please share some sample fake data and your desired result and feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @IonitaA 

In your screenshot, I see that there is a many-to-many relationship between the two tables. This should be the cause of the problem. If you can create a bridge table based on the corresponding fields, and then make a one-to-many connection, it may be improved. Otherwise, you need to manually obtain the corresponding data by creating measures.

If you can understand what I say, and still need help, please share some sample fake data and your desired result and feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I will check your proposal and return with feedback. I am quite new with PowerBi, but, willing to learn 🙂

Hi, @IonitaA  Any updates?

Hello,

Not yet. I tried some days ago to create this bridge table, but i thik i missed some steps and the result is not what i was looking for. I need some time more, as i have other urgent topics ongoing. I will let you know if i get stuck at some point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.