Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rkapukaya
Helper I
Helper I

Relationship between multiple fact tables and date dimension table

Hi All,

I've 2 fact tables (F1 & F2)  and 1 date dimension table (D1).  I created relationship between F1 - D1 but when  i want to create relationship between F2 - D1 an error comes up;

Error;

You can't create a direct active relationship between F1 and D1 because an active set of indirect relationships already exists between these tables. To make this relationship active, set the Cross filter direction to "single", delete, or deactivate any of the indirect relationships first.

F1 (Date_Id) -> D1 (Date_Id)

F2 (Date_Id) -> D1 (Date_Id)

F1 & F2 tables, both have measures with different levels. I want to use them in same model and use date dimension as a date filter via slices (for end user).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rkapukaya
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All,

Problem solved, I downloaded datasource pbix from online and arranged relationships again then it's ok. Yet, i didn't understand why.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rkapukaya
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All,

Problem solved, I downloaded datasource pbix from online and arranged relationships again then it's ok. Yet, i didn't understand why.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkapukaya ,

Please reference the document: Adjusting Cross filter direction for a complex set of tables and relationships  to have a try.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rkapukaya do you have a relationship between F1 and F2 which shouldn't be there. Can you share the relationship diagram?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors