Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wesje97 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Relationship between date table and sale table not working

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a graph that shows me the revenue of each day, with the related, quarter, month and year. I created a relation between my date table and sale table like this. Yybq1rwRelationship

But instead of the desired output it just shows me the total amount of revenue like this

Q0rGy1MResult

Any tips or hints towards what I am doing wrong would be really helpfull and appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wesje97 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Relationship between date table and sale table not working

The problem was that because I was using directquery that even though I changed the datetime to date as soon as I started created graphs it forgot I had done this so all the dates in the sale table still had times like 9:38, 10:44 etc which is what caused it to seem there was no relation. 

I found a way to create a new column which shows me the regular date and base the relationship on that column after which it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VT18 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

What is a “date” table for?
I would just add the month, year calc column to the "Sales" table

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wesje97 ,

Set your [DisplayableSubtotal] column to the "Don't summarize" and check if it works.

3-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wesje97 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The problem was that because I was using directquery that even though I changed the datetime to date as soon as I started created graphs it forgot I had done this so all the dates in the sale table still had times like 9:38, 10:44 etc which is what caused it to seem there was no relation. 

I found a way to create a new column which shows me the regular date and base the relationship on that column after which it worked.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 431 members 3,551 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: