Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prashanth_SJ
Frequent Visitor

Relationship and Unique Values

Hi friends,

I need a solution for this query which will definitely reduce the complexity of my regular work. Would you please help me. This is regarding the Unique Calls Scheduled and Answered. I tried pivoting it, but I am getting totals. I am expecting this to be in a way that, it should give  Unique days and subjects. 

Logic would be if a person (Subject) is scheduled three calls in a day, in which anyone call answered by the person on that particular day is counted as one 'answered call'. If a person fails to attempt three calls in that day will be treated as 'Un-answered call'

Link for PBIX file attachment: Unique Call analysis.pbix

Here, I am giving the logic and the expected output for the month of MAR-2018.  

Ind.Logic
(Numerator / Denominator)
Expected Output for the month of March-2018 ….
(Example)
No.of Subjects
(n= no of women receiving calls in the month)
Total unique count of women in that particular month.2
(PIDs: DUMMY101, DTDUMMYBG)
Number of Subject call Days
(Unique calls scheduled)
Sum of Answered & Un-answered; This shows number Unique calls scheduled to each person in that particular monthDUMMY101 (13 Unique subject call days;
DTDUMMYBG (3 Unique subject call days)

Total: 16 Unique Subejct Call Days
Answered CallsCall Report:
Col: Inbound/outbound = "OUTBOUND";
Col: Status of call = "COMPLETED", (and/or) "IN_PROGRESS";
Col: Successful = "TRUE"

Logic: As per above logic, if a women has atleast 1 successful login (1 of 3 attempts) attempt in a day to be counted as One Answered call) against to each subject
DUMMY101 - 8 Unique Calls Answered in Mar-2018;

DTDUMMYBG - 1 Unique Call answered in Mar-2018;

Total: 9 Unique answered Call days
Un-answered CallsUn-answered calls  = No.of Subject call days - Answered calls)
[[Other than "Answered Calls"]]
Logic: if a women failed to login atleast once in that day (0 of 3 attempts) can be considered as Un-answered call;
DUMMY101 - 5 Unique Calls Un-answered;
DTDUMMYBG -2 UniqueCalls Un-answered;

Total: 7 Un-answered call days;

The output generated table in power bi can as shown below....

Table with the end result:  
PID/
Subjects
Number of Subject call Days Answered CallsUn-answered Calls
DUMMY1011385
DTDUMMYBG312

Thanks & regards, 

Prashanth

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Prashanth_SJ

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin, 

Sorry for delayed response. 

It's not been resolved. I'd be expecting the result as I shown in the table dated...‎09-19-2018 10:13 PM. Will you please try again. 

Regards, 

Prashanth

Prashanth_SJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin, 

Thanks a ton for your quick reply on this. Appreciate your efforts in getting the output much closer to my requirement. However, I have a couple of queries in calculating the totals and Unique date counts. Would you plz look at it.

#1. Unique date count - Example: Feb-2018,  DTDUMMYAX has received & answered the 3 OUTBOUND Calls on the same day (09-02-2018). However, as per the logic I mentioned in my first post., it should only be counted once as '1 Answered Call'.  Whereas the generated table showing the 3 value with the present calculations. 

#2. Totals: If I look at the 201802 data (i.e., Feb-2018). The sum of the column values is not equal to the column totals. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PID                      No.of Subject call days            Answered Calls         Un-answered Calls

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUMMY101                         12                                         11                                1

DTDUMMYBG                       1                                            1                                0

DTDUMMYAX                        5                                           3                                2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total                                    14                                          15                            -1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expected Result/Total:               18                                               15                               3             

Would you please look into it and get back with some solution. 

Regards, 

Prashanth

hi,@Prashanth_SJ

After my research, It involves row context and filter context in DAX calculation,

Result of total is relative to the whole table

for example

DUMMY1012-1
DUMMY1012-2
DUMMY1012-3
DTDUMMYBG2-1
DTDUMMYAX2-1
DTDUMMYAX2-2
DTDUMMYAX2-4

Result:

DUMMY101    2-1/2-2/2-3         is 3

DTDUMMYBG 2-1                       is 1

DTDUMMYAX 2-1/2-2/2-4          is 3

but table total  2-1/2-2/2-3/2-4 is 4

So you can add one more measure like this:

Measure = var _table=SUMMARIZE(CallReport,CallReport[PID],CallReport[Call date (DD/MM/YYYY)]) return
 CALCULATE(SUMX(_table,CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(CallReport[Call date (DD/MM/YYYY)]))))

Result:

14.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI,@Prashanth_SJ

After my research, you can do these as below:

Step1:

Add these three measures:

Number of Subject call Days = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(CallReport[Call date (DD/MM/YYYY)]))

Answered Calls = CALCULATE(COUNTA(CallReport[Successful]),CallReport[Inbound/outbound]="OUTBOUND",CallReport[Successful]=TRUE())

Un-answered Calls = [Number of Subject call Days]-[Answered Calls]

Result:

2.PNG3.PNG

here is pbix, please try it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmnapa64zdyw2on/new%20Unique%20Call%20anlysis.pbix?dl=0

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.