Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stevejpage
Frequent Visitor

Relationship Problems

Good afternoon all:

I have a series of tables between which I am trying to manage relationships. These five tables have several columns that have entries between them that are the same and on an individual basis, I can relate between two or three of the columns without any issues.

What I have is information from a radio system that has multiple agencies, and each of those agencies have 'Site Access Profiles' whereby users can roam between sites (like restricting on which cell tower your phone will be able to work) and between the 'Security Group' and the 'Site Access Profile' there is no problem as each profile belongs to only one security group.

What I have problems with is additional tables for 'Site Access Profile With Valid Sites' and 'Site Access Profile With Requested Sites' and 'Site Access Profile With Critical Sites'. I am trying to make a Matrix that shows Security Groups with Site Access Profile Name and then show the Valid Sites, Requested Sites and Critical Sites, but whenever I try to form a relationship between between more than three tables, the invalidity rears its ugly head.

The goal is to get the Matrix to look something like this:

Security Group     Profile ID    Profile Alias    Valid Sites   Critical Sites   Requested Sites

I'm taking suggestions, and have a smaller subset of the data in case anyone can help.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.