Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

damit23183
Employee
Employee

Relationship Issue in Data Model

Hi,

I have been working on 4-5 dashboards together by using same data source. All of the dashboards were working perfectly fine till today. I have received error message which you can see below suddenly when i tried to refreash the data today. Generally, every day i used to refreash data manually and it was working fine.

Error Message.JPG

There is no primary key (Unique key) column becuase all of the tables are conencted through this type of number. Again, everything was working till today afternoon which means all of realtionship were correct.

Have no idea what could be wrong here as i have never came to this kind of situation.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@damit23183 

In the one side of table, you somehow had a duplicate value which means the related column is no long has distinct values, so many to one relationship is no long valid. You can try delete the duplicates, or change the relationship from many to many (not recommended, may bring errors to existing calculations). 

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,

My apologies for late response. 

Thank you for your response and I have resolved the issue by just deleting table and reloaded table again with same relationship.

Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@damit23183 

One of your table which is on the One side of the Many to one relation has got a duplicate value. Try to reload that table.

You can go to Data Transformation or Edit Query and delete the duplicate.

Hi,

My apologies for late response.

Thank you for your response and I have resolved the issue by just deleting table and reloaded table again with same relationship.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.