Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ciria
Advocate III
Advocate III

Relationship Difficulty - Message with multiple values Found

Dears

I am creating a PowerBI file with a few tables directly connected with our system.

Basically I have Commercial Budget (many) and Item Master (one).  Both are linked by using the item code.

The point is that Master Item has a column named "Family", the purpose of this field is to create a simpler clasification to analyze sales (instead of multiples codes, we wrap them in families for better analysis).

I have created a query with that column, covert to Table, arrange, rename and remove duplicates

The "funny" thing is when I try to create a relathionship between the new query "Family" with Commercial Budget, a message telling me is not possible because no "uniques values in any table" appers.

How is this possible? Why can't PowerBI recognize the new Query "Family" as single values after removing duplicates?

I could use related but I want a different design...

I hope you may help 🙂

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Ciria
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dears

Just checking my MasterFile, I found out we have some items without Family assigned (they appear blank)

¿Could this be the reason?Smiley Embarassed

Hi @Ciria,

>>Just checking my MasterFile, I found out we have some items without Family assigned (they appear blank)

Yes, multiple blank value will cause the issue.

In my opinion, you can remove these blank value at power query or create a new table with distinct column value and add the relationship between new table and original tables.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

I have created this new column:

Column = CALCULATETABLE(DISTINCT(vSP_ArticulosAll[Family]))

The following message is returned: A table with multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.

Awaiting for your support.

Hi @Ciria,

Can you share some sample data? I will try to build relationship on it and share the updated sample.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.