Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdogcisco
Resolver I
Resolver I

Relationship Data Not Correct

I pulled data from Salesforce.  Multiple tables, but to keep it simple, let's focus on the "Opportunity" table and the "User" table.

There is a many:1 relationship (Opportunity (OwnerId) * --> 1 User (Id)). Cross filter = Single, not other options selected.

For each Opportunity record I am expecting to see alignment with the with the following columns in the visualation table below:

"Opportunity.Name", "Opportunity.OwnerId", "User.Id", "User.Name"

CustomerABC, 00001, 00001, John Smith

I expect the two Ids, above, to be the same giving me the correct "Name".  But what I am getting is..

CustomerABC, 00001, 00013, Jane Doe

It feels like the relationship isn't working.

Any thoughts where to look further into this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdogcisco
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to expand the "Owner" column in the "Opportunity" table and select the fields I wanted to display on the Opportunity table.  Finding that, I haven't bothered to try to figure out why the relationship was working the way it was.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jdogcisco
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to expand the "Owner" column in the "Opportunity" table and select the fields I wanted to display on the Opportunity table.  Finding that, I haven't bothered to try to figure out why the relationship was working the way it was.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jdogcisco,

Make sure you select the Don't summarize option or set cross filter direction to 'Both' in the Edit relationship dialog.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.