Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Relational tables

Dashboard below is drawing from sources from DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap, DM faddere 2018 hentet fra kontakt and DM Vervegiro reports. I need to include payment from the table below (DM faddere 2018 hentet fra donasjoner).  In this case I need to include payment from the 8th of January 2018 – velkomstpakke is what I need to filter on and I also need to include the 20th of Feb 2018 which occurs the nets_starts dato from which comes from table DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap. What I am ultimately trying to do is to see the lapse times between payments by campaign (get an avg) or by customer but need to get the flow right first

Is this possible?

Thanking anyone that can help me in advance 🙂

Dashboard.pngkontakt.pngDonasjoner.pngFadderskap.png

This is how I have the relationships have been managed.

Managed relationships.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Based on my understanding, you need to show columns/values from different fact tables together into a single visual or report.

In this scenario, it is better to create proper data models and aggregation function to use columns from other tables.

Here are some suggestions regrading creating correct data models and relationships

>>Multiple Data Tables in Power Pivot

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48624095/how-to-display-data-from-different-data-source-tables-in-a-single-table-in-power

Please check your relationship setting, for some tables, it is need to select "cross filter direction:both".

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships#cardinality

DAX will calculate the measures/columns against the common dimensions and then let you use the values for the different fact tables in the same analysis   

>>https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Create-a-Calculated-Column-from-Different-Tables/td-p/60453

Besides, sum, max or any other DAX functions you could consider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there anything else I should add?

Thank you,

Maria

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

It is complex to understand your dataset.

I don't know the language, could you give me an simple example in English.

I make a simple excel with these tables named Table1~Table4

Please enter some data to illustrate your dataset.

"the lapse times between payments by campaign (get an avg) or by customer"

I don't see any words about "lapse times"," payments", "campaign".

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap table1
DM faddere 2018 hentet fra kontakt table2
DM Vervegiro table3
DM faddere 2018 hentet fra donasjoner table4
link table  

please create these tables in the following sheets
just add the columns which needs to be used in your example
don't add too many data, just the data can show your requirement
it is better to show your expect result besides the example data

Best regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Should I present this in another way?

Thank you,

Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you so much for contacting and wanting to help me.  I  hope the information i have provided below makes it a little easier. I have excluded some informantin for privacy reasons.

All tables include many different customers numbers.

DM vervegiro - This is first table which is at the beginning of the customer journey from a sent out direct mail. In this table, the campaign and campaign activities are the direct mail activity where memberships were generated.  Payment date in this table, alerts us to the fact that this person wants to start their membership.  Customer number and other sensitive information has been removed for privacy issues.

DM vervegiro.png

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap – includes other information relevant to the customer’s membership. Including the person’s start date which should in theory be the same as the DM vervegiro - payment date.

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap.png

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra kontakt table – Our organisation sends out a welcome pack to the customer to start the customer on a recurring payment plan. Then the customer returns the form, which we can see in the form received date. Then the next column needs to be taken from DM faddere 2018 hentet fra fadderskap. Nets_starts date.

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra kontakt.png 

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra donasjoner – mean all payments made from a customer’s subscription from the beginning of their existance. However, from the below table, I am after the payment was made since the nets_start date and any subsequent ones after that date. The problem is the campaign and campaign activities are sometimes the same or different to the ones in the DM vervegiro so I would need a (greater than) net:starts date to filter on to get than.

DM faddere 2018 hentet fra donasjoner.png

This is how it should be set up.  I'm not to concerned about the time lapses but mainly to get this flow.

Journey.pngThankyou  again 🙂

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for sharing so many details.

For your requirement, i'm not very clear.

Also, it is complex of your data.

I'm stuck on making a test by these.

Based on my knowledge, to "include payment from the 8th of January 2018 to  the 20th of Feb 2018", 

you could create a measure like

Measure=calculate(sum('table name'[payment]),filter(all('table name'),[date]<=date(2018,2,20)&&[date]>=date(2018,1,8)))

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Also the time lapse isn't so relevant here in this first instance.

Thank you,

Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

To clearify a bit:

I have four different spreadsheets and I want to create a flow with columns taken from each spreadsheet.

To make a simple example:

Let's say each spreadsheet has only 3 columns (A, B and C). I want to create a flow which would look like this:

1A-2B-1C-3A-4C-4B-1B-3B....etc

How do I set this up? The data-set reflects the different columns, but the question is how to create the flow here.

Best Regards,

Maria

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.