Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Relation between Bar Chart and Table Visual in PBI Desktop

Hello,

Need your help.

I have 2 visual. One is bar chart which is plotted against Zipcode and second one is a tale visual which contains the demographic data of that zip code. Both are 2 separate sql server tables which are joined with zipcode column (common in both tables) with 1:N relation in PBI. ZIpcode_detail is a master table and 2nd is detail tables, so 1:N relationship.

The bar graph is on details table (x axis has zipcodes)

Capture.PNG

The zipcode master table has its demographic data.

Capture.PNG

Now the relation is not working as expected. I have just 1 record (as of now) for zip code 10566 in master table. So when I select any other zipcode e.g. 11378 then the details table visual should not show any data in. It should only show data when 10566 is selected in bar chart.

Could you please advise what I am missing here?

Thanks

Harshad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

I create sample table and test, please edit the cross filter direction as "Both" as follows. Then Bar Chart and Table Visual will affect with each other.

1.PNG

When you select a Zipcode value in bar chart, the table visual only display the related value.

select 11378select 11378select 11779select 11779
When we select a value in table visual, the bar chart will be affacted as follows.

4.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

I create sample table and test, please edit the cross filter direction as "Both" as follows. Then Bar Chart and Table Visual will affect with each other.

1.PNG

When you select a Zipcode value in bar chart, the table visual only display the related value.

select 11378select 11378select 11779select 11779
When we select a value in table visual, the bar chart will be affacted as follows.

4.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks @v-huizhn-msft.

It worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.