Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedroccamara
Helper II
Helper II

Relate same table twice

Hello

I have a problem and still don't know how to solve it.

The main db has two fields with the same data. It is a username of the person whatever. And i have another db that has all usernames and their names. I just want to show their names in both cases. It means, i think, i had to creat a relation from de 2nd db to the first db, twice. I'm not sure if this is possible. Is it?

Tks

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pedroccamara

We cannot make two relationships active at the same time for two tables here. Using an inactive relationship is a way. This article should be a good reference.

Actually, we don’t need two relationships in some situations. As @dejanle posted above, if we have two tables as below. We can create a relationship between Sell-to_Customer_No and Customer_No to get Sell-to Custome_Name.

Relate same table twice_1.jpgRelate same table twice_2.jpg

We can also get Bill-to_Customer_Name by creating a column using LOOKUPVALUE without relationship.

Bill Customer Name = 
LOOKUPVALUE ( DB2[Customer_Name], DB2[Customer_No], DB1[Bill-to_Customer_No] )

Relate same table twice_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.