Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

INJAINP
Frequent Visitor

Regarding time series or graph based on machine data

Hello all,

We have a requirement where we need data of every second to be displayed with respect to the running of a machine in the factory.

Which should show everything with repsect do different phases like stoppage , breakdown etc.

I need this chart in a bar fomrat (the horizonatal display) and not in columnar format.

Do we have anything like this?

Regards

Priyanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have found the solution and we are using "As timeline" visual to achieve our requirement.

This topic can be closed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @INJAINP ,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We have found the solution and we are using "As timeline" visual to achieve our requirement.

This topic can be closed.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @INJAINP ,

From your description, you could refer to below link about Real-time streaming in Power BI:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming

With Power BI real-time streaming, you can stream data and update dashboards in real-time. Any visual or dashboard that can be created in Power BI can also be created to display and update real-time data and visuals.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your input.

I think i could not explain my requirements clearly.

What i want is, we have data in Azure and would like to display that factory data (related to machines) in a visual that is somewhat like time series but displays data in bar chart format and not columnar. This data is of every second and hence need that deep drill down.

hope this time I am able to explain in a better way.

Regards

Priyanka

Hi @INJAINP ,

Could you have refered below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming#push-dataset

Since there is an underlying database that continues to store the data as it comes in, reports can be created with the data. These reports and their visuals are just like any other report visuals, which means you can use all of Power BI’s report building features to create visuals, including custom visuals, data alerts, pinned dashboard tiles, and more

You could create your report visual after you have Push dataset and use deep drill down for your report, if you want to use the drill down function in dashboard, you could pin your report to the dashboard:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.