Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ravichandra0788
Frequent Visitor

Regarding 'Cheiclet slicer' and 'slicer'

Hi ,

I am using two visuals in my graph one is 'Cheiclet slicer' and another one is 'slicer'

scenario:
i am displaying application names in 'Cheiclet slicer' and displaying respective job names in slicer.

Working Procedure:

if i select any application name in 'Cheiclet slicer' then corresponding jobs will be displayed in 'slicer'

i have attached image here.

image1.JPG

Help required is :
now if i select any job in 'slicer' and meantime if i de-select application from 'cheiclet slicer' and select another application,still job related to the previous application will show in 'slicer'.

image2.JPG

Please help me how to correct this

Regards

Ravichandra JL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ravichandra0788,

I think now your 3rd visual is showing only one data and not the history because the table that you use for selecting the Job has other columns which refer to only that particular data. i.e. When you click on the record with the Job name, the other details in the table are also getting passed to the 3rd visual

Instead try having a table with only the Job name in it. (Just like how a slicer will look). Now filter by clicking the Jobs from this table. This should give the history data as well

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ravichandra0788,

I think this is not something that needs correction as It is by design that Power BI works that way and I am not sure if at all you can change this.

Assume that you first have Application 1 selected in Chicklet Slicer and Job 1 selected in Slicer. Now if you want to change the Application to Application 2, your Job 1 which was selected earlier will still be selected even after your Job Slicer renders the new Jobs in it.

This is to satisfy a need like I want data for Job A from Application 1 and Job B from Application 2 to be displayed at the same time.

i.e. When you change the selection in Chicklet Slicer, you are just slicing your data as per the new selection but you are not meaning that any existing selections to be cleared. This is the reason why you selections are not cleared automatically

To handle this, you should always clear the selections in the Job slicer before changing the values for Application

Hi Thejswar,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

After your suggestion now i am trying in different way.

here is the scenario

first visual :'cheiclet slicer' with application name.

image1.JPG

second visual 'table' with all jobs information with respect to selected application.

image2.JPG

Third visual 'stacked column chart'.

image2.JPG                                               here my requirement is if i select any job from table visual it should display only selected jobs past history in third visual, as of now it is displaying all jobs info along with selected one, if edit interations and apply filter it will show only that job on specific selected day.here is the image.

image2.JPG                                              how can i display only selected jobs past history in third visule.

for example if i select 'job A' then in third visual it should display only 'Job A'  how it ran in past.

Regards

Ravichandra JL

Hi @ravichandra0788,

I think now your 3rd visual is showing only one data and not the history because the table that you use for selecting the Job has other columns which refer to only that particular data. i.e. When you click on the record with the Job name, the other details in the table are also getting passed to the 3rd visual

Instead try having a table with only the Job name in it. (Just like how a slicer will look). Now filter by clicking the Jobs from this table. This should give the history data as well

Hi Thejeswar,

AS you explained it is trying to pass all values along with job name hence i tried only with job name it is working fine now.

I feel may be some gaps will be there that i am trying if any issues again i will ask your help.

Thanks a lot Thejeswar for quickly responding and providing solutions.

Regards

Ravichandra JL

@ravichandra0788,

By the way, you may help accept solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.