Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allan77R2V1
Helper II
Helper II

Refreshing data through Onedrive

Im am building a PowerBI report in desktop and then publishing it to the web via a Office 364 Group Workspace. I have serveral data sources with one being Sharepoint onlines and the one other being a Excel file on OneDrive for Business.

I am attempting to configure the Schedule Refresh within the Web and sharepoint works fine as it provides OAuth2 option to authenticate. However, when I try to do the same for OneDrive the OAuth2 option is not listed and it fails to connect(See Image below). None of the authentication options listed seem to work. Any suggestion on how to make this work?

2018-12-31 12_28_30-Microsoft Edge.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You have to strip out the :x/r/ from the middle of the URL and the question mark and everything after from the end and then it'll work.

Thanks, I found another articale that showed how to get a different URL that didnt have this and it worked. It is strange the the same URL isnt used.

Hi - Did you find a solution to this? I'm running into the same issue.  

The accepted solution didn't work for you?

Unfortunately, no it did not.  We have both an Oracle data source and OneDrive data source in the data gateway and pbix file.  The :x:/r/ was removed from the link as shown below in both the desktop app and the online version.  When solely uploading a pbix file with only a OneDrive data source it refreshes/functions perfectly and uses OAUTH2 for the authentication method in one of the screenshots attached.  However, when combining a OneDrive data source with an Oracle Datasource I receive the below error message and the OAUTH2 authentication method isn't available.    If you're able to assist or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  

https://-my.sharepoint.com/personal/tony28_michaels_com/Documents/Location%20Reference.xlsx

screenshot2.pngtempsnip.png

screenshot.png

I think the URL with the extra characters will open in a web view (if the file is an Excel file, it'll open in the Excel web app), but the URL without the extra characters is a direct link to the file itself.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Allan77R2V1,

Please check whether the Onedrive you connected to is online or On-premise. Which type of Gateway did you use? On-Premises gateway or Personal gateway? Please test with a different one.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can you confirm the link of the Excel hosted on OneDrive is the actual link to OneDrive file and not a link to your local drive instead? It should show OAuth2 option if the file in question is hosted on OneDrive.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.