Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

Refreshing an publishing takes very long time

My reports are connected to Azure SQL DB. we have some issues with refreshing and publishing recently and I have no idea what caused this. I will list all things below:

1 Refreshing on line takes long time. Below started 8am today here in Sydney Australia and it's 3 hours as of this writing. Usually it takes a few minutes ONLY

1.png

2 Refreshing the same report in Power BI desktop also takes long time (I am using the Nov. version)

3 Republishing the same report also takes long time, not sure if it's because 1 has not finished.

Anyone experienced similar situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Republishing will just hangs there if Power BI service has not finished refreshing the same dataset.

We have premium capacity and online refresh will time out after 4 hours of waiting.

Anyway,everything is back to normal this moring.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Power on!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@XLBob 

Can you please check for the Gateway and if it is older version, please try to upgrade to the latest version.

If you have any concerns, pleaselet us know.

If you already raised a support ticket, please share the support ticket here for reference.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

We use Azure SQL DB so no data gateway required in our environment

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

connecting to and querying the same database in SQL server management studio all works fine. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XLBob ,

Please disable SQL compute engine and retry.

If the issue is still there and you are a Pro user, not trial, I suggest you to create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Icey I don't have access to Azure portal in our environment as that's handled by the IT. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XLBob ,

Or you can try to republish the report. Maybe it could work well then.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Republishing will just hangs there if Power BI service has not finished refreshing the same dataset.

We have premium capacity and online refresh will time out after 4 hours of waiting.

Anyway,everything is back to normal this moring.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Power on!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.