Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Matlotlo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing a table from Excel source

Hi Commnity

I have a table (Monthly Conversion) that is created from an Excel input. I then added a new column (Date) which I'm using to link to a SQL table but I now want to refresh the table (Monthly Conversion) and I get : The column 'Date' of the table wasn't found. error. This is a column I created on Power BI because it wasn't in the original dataset. 

What does this error mean and how do I correct this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matlotlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
foxglove666 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Refreshing a table from Excel source

Hi,

It looks like it was in your original table when you first imported it and now Power Bi expects it. if you run the query editor it might show you the error more clearly. you might just have to add it back in to your original data.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Regular Visitor

Hi @Matlotlo 

Could you add some screenshots please?

Frequent Visitor

@foxglove666  I've uploaded the screenshot. So basically all I'm trying to do is refresh the data. CallDate, CallPeriod, Conversion%  were all created in PowerBI.

Thanks

Matlotlo

table.JPGscreenshot1.JPGscreenshot.JPG

Regular Visitor

Hi @Matlotlo 

It looks like that column (Date) should be loaded from your original data, is it still present in the excel table/sheet you are importing from?

Frequent Visitor

Hi @foxglove666 

I created it on Power BI as well. It is not part of the Excel data.  So should I create it on the excel file? I was just avoiding doing this manually every month since my source is excel file unfortunately.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

It looks like it was in your original table when you first imported it and now Power Bi expects it. if you run the query editor it might show you the error more clearly. you might just have to add it back in to your original data.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

@foxglove666  I went back to the steps and deleted some of them and it worked. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 280 members 3,045 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: