Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refreshing Report Dashboard

Hi All,

Complete amatuer here so I hopeful i can get some help.

I have just started my very basic dashboard showing stats for my helpdesk team, I plan to have this dashboard showing on our main screen when new cases come into our Jira database. Upon creating a sample one though I cannot get the data to refresh, I have created a simple view to narrow down the data but when I publised it and opened it through the link I pressed refresh on the BI Portal it doesnt refresh.. I have to go into the Power BI software and refresh the data through there and publish again which is not good practise as I am sure you can agree!

I plan to have the dashboard refreshing every 30 seconds to a minute.

What am I doing wrong here please?

Also is there anyway to get the data which shows in standard tables either flashing or making sounds when a new row is created?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

To enable auto data refresh on Power BI services, we can use Gateway to connect to your data source and set a schedule to refresh data set.

I am afraid this cannot be done currently. 

• For the DirectQuery/Live connection, you can set the refresh frequency from 15 minutes to weekly using the associated drop-down menu, as shown in the following image
  • For import data source, you can set your refresh schedule. Limitation is that top refresh times everyday is 8.
    Power BI

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

To enable auto data refresh on Power BI services, we can use Gateway to connect to your data source and set a schedule to refresh data set.

I am afraid this cannot be done currently. 

• For the DirectQuery/Live connection, you can set the refresh frequency from 15 minutes to weekly using the associated drop-down menu, as shown in the following image
  • For import data source, you can set your refresh schedule. Limitation is that top refresh times everyday is 8.
    Power BI

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Complete PowerBI Amatuer here!

I have published my new report which looks at a SQL view I have created which basically looks at new emails come into our helpdesk. I need the report to refresh every 30/60 seconds which I can do via Google Chrome auto refresh but this doesnt actually refresh the SQL data itself.. the only way I found was by going into BI and refresh the data that way then re-publishing which cannot be right?

Also is there anyway to have sounds notifications for new rows added or for it to change colour etc?

Thanks,

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.