cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pesikj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Refresh without Refresh popup window

Is it possible to refresh data in Power BI Desktop without showing the Refresh pop-up? Every time a user presses the Refresh button the window with "Refresh" caption is shown. The window is visible until the refresh is finished. Is it possible to suppress this pop-up window? I have found no such an option in the Options menu but there may be some other possibility.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Refresh without Refresh popup window

Hi @pesikj

When i hit the "refresh" button, it shows an window on the top right corner which indicates the refresh progress.

1.png

When i open a report or a dashboard and hit the "refresh" button on the page, it doesn't show the window as above, but i can see a revolving "circle" on the visual.

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

pesikj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Refresh without Refresh popup window

Hi @v-juanli-msft

thank you for your reply. My question was focused on the desktop version because we are deploying the desktop version to our customer.

I found out the pop-up is shown only when using the imported data set. We are going to use a live connection which is similar to web visual. A user sees only small circles in left up corners of visuals. I believe this will be acceptable to our customer.

Thanks again

Jiří