Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pesikj

Refresh without Refresh popup window

Is it possible to refresh data in Power BI Desktop without showing the Refresh pop-up? Every time a user presses the Refresh button the window with "Refresh" caption is shown. The window is visible until the refresh is finished. Is it possible to suppress this pop-up window? I have found no such an option in the Options menu but there may be some other possibility.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pesikj

When i hit the "refresh" button, it shows an window on the top right corner which indicates the refresh progress.

1.png

When i open a report or a dashboard and hit the "refresh" button on the page, it doesn't show the window as above, but i can see a revolving "circle" on the visual.

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft

thank you for your reply. My question was focused on the desktop version because we are deploying the desktop version to our customer.

I found out the pop-up is shown only when using the imported data set. We are going to use a live connection which is similar to web visual. A user sees only small circles in left up corners of visuals. I believe this will be acceptable to our customer.

Thanks again

Jiří

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.