Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marma330
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh stopped after colleague left (dataflow source)

After a colleague left, the refresh started failing (clearly it's because the dataset is set up to run with his credentials, which have been disabled).

I am trying to refresh the data, I am admin on the workspace where the dashboard is.

When clicking refresh I get the error: “The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface…

I downloaded the .pbix and I see that all the queries point to Source = PowerBI.Dataflows([]), there was one pointing to Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(null)

I have only worked with ‘sql server’ sources I am not familiar with that source.

I have a few questions... How can I make the refresh work`? How come I don’t see the Dataflows? (the dashboard has Source = PowerBI.Dataflows([]) )

del.png

Do I have to ‘take over’ as owner in the Datasets tab?

del2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@marma330 adding to what @aj1973 mentioned, is it possible that the dataflow may have existed in another workspace, perhaps one that you may not have access to?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@marma330 adding to what @aj1973 mentioned, is it possible that the dataflow may have existed in another workspace, perhaps one that you may not have access to?

Is there a way to know for sure on which Workspace the Dataflow is??

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @marma330 

for the dataset you need to click on the Take over button. However for the Datflow where the data is coming and feeding the dataset, seems like it doesn't exist! Did the colleague delete it before he is gone?

or maybe he needs to give his access to the Dataflow!

aj1973_0-1609973977844.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.